• We just upgraded the platform on which this website runs! Please inform @Jaxel of any issues.

Pool match scoreboard

gsm6575

I wish to create a scoreboard for pool matches on a live stream as an overlay image.
I was thinking of using an external button box to change the variables within an excel file or similar which then in turn changes said variables on my overlay.

The variables I would require would be:
Player 1 name.
Player 2 name.
Best of/race to. e.g. best of 11 or first to 6, usually written as (11)
Competition name.
Competition round. e.g. semi final or winner round 1

The above would all be text that don't change until a new round of competition has begun or new players have arrived.
I was thinking these could be selected from drop down boxes?

Other variables would include:
Player 1 score
Player 2 score

These 2 would be controlled via the button box, either using up and down buttons or just up and a reset.

Other desired variables controlled via the button box could be:
Player 1 to break or
Player 2 to break
These could be signified by an image of a cue ball next to the players name.

Player 1 on reds
Player 1 on yellows
Player 2 on reds
Player 2 on yellows

Obviously using the button box somehow you would only select one of these and the result would show which colour both players was on.
Usually by an image of the correct colour near the players name or the shading of the background of the name.

I am considering getting a button box with 18 buttons and some of the other buttons would be used to select different cameras/angles.
If someone can design this for me or advise a different way of doing it I would very much appreciate it and would be happy to pay
Thanks in advance.