• We just upgraded the platform on which this website runs! Please inform @Jaxel of any issues.

Having problems connecting to OBS

SituationalDam

Anti Villian
Hi i am having trouble connecting to OBS.
Iam getting this message....
"
There was an error maintaining this connection to OBS.
More details may be available in your browser's console. "

any advice on how i can resolve this?
I stream though StreamlabsOBS would this be the issue?

Jaxel

Administrator
Do you have the OBS-websockets plugin installed?

Pressing CTRL+Shift+I will bring up your browser console. Open it before trying to connect and see if the console is saying anything about it.

Aaron

I have the same issue. Brower console says 'WebSocket connection to 'ws://192.168.100.101:4444/' failed: Error in connection establishment: net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED'.

Jaxel

Administrator
Did you enable the websocket plugin? set it to the right port? did you set a password? Are you on the same network?

SituationalDam

Anti Villian
Is there a good link/ guide to set up ports and a password. Iam pretty sure i have done everything else correctly.

ArmstrongGaming

I have installed the Socket on my Windows 10 PC. I enabled the websocket on my PC. i tried your host address and my iP address neither worked - 2 different error codes - The port etc i think is right i just used the default one on Scoreboard Assistant 4444 - do i need to set this port number somewhere else on my PC or OBS ? lol RIP no idea what im doing. I want to pay for Scoreboard Assistant but 1st i want to make sure it works for me - any help appreciated. Couldnt find any troubleshooting help on github (im using streamlabs OBS is that the problem?)

Attachments

• Screenshot (323).png
    Screenshot (323).png
    688.5 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot (325).png
    Screenshot (325).png
    628.9 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Jaxel

Administrator
I have installed the Socket on my Windows 10 PC. I enabled the websocket on my PC. i tried your host address and my iP address neither worked - 2 different error codes - The port etc i think is right i just used the default one on Scoreboard Assistant 4444 - do i need to set this port number somewhere else on my PC or OBS ? lol RIP no idea what im doing. I want to pay for Scoreboard Assistant but 1st i want to make sure it works for me - any help appreciated. Couldnt find any troubleshooting help on github (im using streamlabs OBS is that the problem?)
What issues are you having exactly? OBS has a control panel for the websocket.

As for "pay", you don't really need to pay for this website. You get 1 scoreboard for free; and almost nobody needs more than that.